Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act! 2012 Premium - Problem Detaching Database (Ver. 10.) using Actdiag (version 14.1.97.0)

Sage Act! 2012 Premium - Problem Detaching Database (Ver. 10.) using Actdiag (version 14.1.97.0)

When I try to Detach Database (it is an old Database from my ACT! 2009 Premium - the database is still not upgraded) using ACT! Diagnostics and running Act! 2012 Premium, I get this error message:

"Database 'Name of the old database' already exists. Choose a different database name. There is already a database named 'Name of the old database'.

However the name of this database is not listed under the Database List (although I had the database on the list earlier, before I Detached the database).

Just before this problem, I moved all my databases from C: location to D: location on my computer.

(The second problem is - and this is the reasy why moved the databases - that I got a:

"Exceptions occurred while executing Database Schema Update Script"

when I tried to convert the 2009 database.)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act! 2012 Premium - Problem Detaching Database (Ver. 10.) using Actdiag (version 14.1.97.0)

Re: Sage Act! 2012 Premium - Problem Detaching Database (Ver. 10.) using Actdiag (version 14.1.97.0)

You've created a real mess for yourself. I know because I did it to myself, twice. Detaching a database doesn't remove the structure of the database from the SQL server. That's why when you try to reattach in a new location it tells you the database already exists. In the SQL server it does and it's linked to the old location. From experience the best thing to do is move the database back to it's original location and reattach it there. Then do a Save Copy As to the new location with a new name for the database. After the copy is complete and you've checked it out you can delete the original copy.

I suppose you could uninstall the SQL server and then reinstall it but that would be like using a sledge hammer to drive a tack.

Wish you luck.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you so much for your reply. I moved it just by using copy and paste in WIndows Explorer.

However, the good thing is that it was easy to fix. I uninstalled ACT! 2012 Premium and accepted to do a complete uninstall.

After reinstalling, I can do Detaching and Attaching of the Lev_reg database.

However, this brought me back to the original problem:

I am not able to convert the old Lev_reg database I have. The Database Version I have is 11.00.0348.0000, and I want to convert to 14.xxx. (ACT! 2012 Premium).

When I try to Rebuild OLE/DB Reporting Objects, using Actdiag it reports:

"Invalid object name 'dbo.FNB_OPPORTUNITY'. PRC_REPORT_MAKE_VRPVIEWS: ERROR ATTEMPTING CREATE OF VRP_CONTACT_OPPORTUNITY OBJECT"

When I try to update the Database within ACT! 2012 Premium, I get this error:

"Exceptions occured while executing the database Schema Update Script.

Contact you Administrator for assistance."

The error text file contain this information:

Changed database context to 'lev_reg'.Setting Database Compatibility Level...
 Local Datetime: 2012-04-19 10:41:22
Servername: VAIO-DG820\ACT7
Engine Edition: 4  Express Edition
Product Version: 10.50.2500.0 (SP1)
Server Collation: Latin1_General_CI_AS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sync Enabled: True
Sync Role: PUBLISHER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Database: lev_reg
Create Version: 661
 Configuration option 'user instances enabled' changed from 0 to 0. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.-------------------------------------------------------------
 Current Build: 11.00.0348.0000
 Update Build: 14.1.97.0
-------------------------------------------------------------
Setting Database Auto_Shrink To OFF...----------------------------------------------------------------
Setting Previous Schema Values: 11.00.0348.0000 TO 14.1.97.0DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.
Dropping indexes and constraints starting... 2012-04-19 10:41:31
Dropping triggers, starting ... 2012-04-19 10:41:51
*********** Schema Update failed **************
*********** Exception message follows *********
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Processing error occurred in Sync Trigger TBL_WORKFLOW_ARCHIVE_SYNC_TRD, Table TBL_WORKFLOW_ARCHIVE - NO LUID VALUE IN CTL_SYNCTABLE
The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.

Dropping Tables, starting... 2012-04-19 10:42:08
Dropping table TBL_LOGONHISTORY
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ConnectionManager.ExecuteTSql(ExecuteTSqlAction action, Object execObject, DataSet fillDataSet, Boolean catchException)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)

Schema Update failed.

So, this is my up to date problem! :-)

When you get schema update issues with an upgrade, Sage used to do that repair for free... not sure what the current policy is in your region, but you might give them a call.

Otherwise, might need to get the database repaired.

Hi Mike,

Sage did the repair for free. Thanks for your advise. :-)

Regards,

Roger