Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT Premium over Citrix

Tuned Listener

Sage ACT Premium over Citrix

Would anyone be able to comment on the performance and functionality of ACT, virtualized over Citrix? We have a client who wants to know for sure that common tasks like doing lookups and reports won't suffer in terms of speed when moving to Citrix.

Microsoft Office will need to be installed in the Citrix environment for that to work, that much I have realized already but in terms of performance we can't comment. Has anyone had any experience with this type of setup? How does sync work in that environment?

Thanks in advance!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT Premium over Citrix

[ Edited ]

I have a 25+ user ACT! client that uses Citrix.

MSO 2010, Sage ACT! 2011.

The users are spread across three states (Melbourne, VIC; Sydney, NSW; Brisbane, QLD) and those with laptops access it whilst on the road over 3g phone networks.

They are happy with the performance.

Ben.

EDITED: to fix MSO 2012 to MSO2010. My bad. typo. Smiley Happy

Employee

Ben,

the supported MSO is 2010

Bronze Super Contributor

Oops. Thanks. Edited it to fix it. Smiley Happy

Silver Contributor

Most of our hosting is done with ACT over Citrix, both XenApp 6 and 5.  I'm happy to give you a demo loging to evaluate the performance, just shoot me an email

as far as performance.  most users see little or no difference with performance compared to applications hosted locally.

Nice thing is the abilty to change devices without reloading your entire software environment. 

Also works with all things Mac and IPAD.

Sync really is no different.  We put the sync services on different servers for performance and security reasons, but Citrix is not really a factor in the setup.

let me know if you have any questions.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider