Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Premium - 30 day trial - Can't open demo database AND can't create a new one!

Sage ACT! Premium - 30 day trial - Can't open demo database AND can't create a new one!

I've downloaded the newest version of the Sage ACT! trail on my computer and it's not working. I've googled every error message and tried every solution.

When I go to open an existing ACT database it says "The database ACT2011Demo could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server" I've gone in and set my UAC settings and everything and it still won't work.

When I go to create a new database it says "Unable to create the database. There is an error connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server." I have going into my services.msc and right clicked on SQL Server (ACT7) and get this error message "The SQL Server (ACT7) service on loacl computer started and then stopped. Some services stopped automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I have unistalled every piece of SQL from my laptop and uninstalled ACT! and then reinstalled and nothing is working.

Can someone please help me? It's starting to get me frustrated enough to not even want to buy ACT!.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Premium - 30 day trial - Can't open demo database AND can't create a new one!

One of the things I found was if .NET 4 was install the SQL did not appear to install correctly. Uninstall .NET 4 and then SQL and try reinstall.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Sage ACT! Premium - 30 day trial - Can't open demo database AND can't create a new one!

Thanks for getting back to me. I unistalled .NET 4 and everything else you mentioned.

Still not working though.

Nickel Super Contributor

Make sure the ACT7 SQL service is started.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT