Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT Premium 2013 Windows and Web

Sage ACT Premium 2013 Windows and Web

I am testing out the trial of ACT 2013.  I have setup the Windows version on a VM running Windows Server 2008 R2.  The install went fine and we have imported a .csv that was exported from BCM.  Now that the database is setup and users have had time to test they now want to be able to access the database via iPhone/iPad's.  In reading this requires the Web version of ACT Premium. 

Since we currently have the database setup and working as we want can I setup a second server and install the ACT Premium 2013 (web access) on that server and make them co-exist?  If they can do I import the database from the current database into the web access database or is there a way to just setup a link from the web access server to read data from the database server?

Thanks in advance

Cris

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT Premium 2013 Windows and Web

If you have IIS on the ACT! server, you can uninstall and reinstall the web version ... or you can have them on separate machines.

The mobile web version isn't bad for iPhone/iPad, but if you might needs access when not connection or functions like CallerID and recording emails sent, you might have a look at Handheld Contact as well.
www.HandheldContact.com

GLComputing wrote:
If you have IIS on the ACT! server, you can uninstall and reinstall the web version ... or you can have them on separate machines.

The mobile web version isn't bad for iPhone/iPad, but if you might needs access when not connection or functions like CallerID and recording emails sent, you might have a look at Handheld Contact as well.
www.HandheldContact.com
I am building out a seperate VM now, but how do I go about linking the 2 machines?  The users are not too keen on using IE and prefer the desktop install.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can point the web server at the other one ... but, for your reason, can still install web on the one server (easier unless you have more than 30 users or need extra security). The web version has everything to access as full client or LAN, just adds the IIS stuff