Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 continual Getting Started Screen

Bronze Contributor

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 continual Getting Started Screen

Just finished a 14 user upgrade to Sage ACT! Premium 2011 13.1.181.0 + HF2.  13 users are running fine.  One user (the owner -ouch!) uses a synchronizing laptop and a desktop.  The problem is his desktop - every time he starts ACT!, he gets the Getting Started screen and it doesn't open his database.  He has to go to File, MRU - #1 on the list, and then it opens.  Secondly, it take 10x longer to open the database on his computer than any other computer there, and once it's open, it's very slow in accomplishing normal tasks.

I'm in need to some advice here,

Thanks!

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Premium 2011 continual Getting Started Screen

Kevin,
Does he have the same issues opening his local copy of the Demo database? Also, if the Getting Started screen is appearing each time he opens, then he may have an issue with his preferences file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

Greig,

Thanks for the quick reply.  We can't open the local demo database because (guess why) I've taken to not installing SQL on desktop computers with 2011.  And I've dropped an email to their IT company asking about rights on his c:\users\<user>\appdata\Roaming\act\act data\Preferences folder since I think they're actually located on the server.

Signature
Copper Contributor

Check the settings for the startup and make sure it's set to "Last Opened Database" or specifically specify the database to open on startup if you are only using one database. 

I'm guessing he's an administrator and has access to all the records in the system. I found using 2010 that this issue is persistent when logging in as admin from any station, but regular users don't have this problem. It actually takes 3 minutes for the admin user to log into the database for us, where a normal user can log in in about 20 seconds.

Just another issue they introduced into new versions and didn't tell anyone about. 

db
Copper Contributor

He stay on the welcome page, and it's not possible to open the database?

If yes, see this answer ID KB 14370 and KB 22628...

Copper Contributor

Hey, just as a follow-up, I found out that if it's taking a long time to open the database as a particular user, creating a new account for them and deleting the old one (reassigning the contacts to the new account of course) will fix the problem. Something about the contact is corrupted - I'm thinking the histories but can't say for sure. That should fix the slow-to-load problem.