Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Share database

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Share database

I have been struggling for days now trying to figure out how to make my computer a host. We have two computers in our office that used to run off of a server. We now use an NAS mass storage devise that is not compatible. I have gone though all the tutorials and websites that SAGE provides to help with this topic and I still haven't had any success with our two computers being able to share the same database and be able to change it. Any suggestions or ways to make this work? The person who set it up is no longer around and I am trying to get it set up since it is a large part of our business. Thank you!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Share database

To verify: you have the database on your computer, have enabled the Share Database option (Tools > Database Maintenance > Share Database), and then browsed through the network from the 'other' computer to locate the database PAD file (or copied it to the other computer). Is that correct?

If yes, what is the message you are receiving when attempting to open the database from the other computer?
Also, what are the operating systems on both of the computers?
Greg Martin
Sage

Correct.. I have enabled the Share Database on the computer that will be the host. I can brooes through (greated a txt file that i can update from computer to computer) but i get the error message that tells me that the firewall might be blocking it. I then went in and changed the firewall setting on both computers but i am still getting that message. Let me know if that helps..

Platinum Super Contributor

I assume the error referencing the firewall is "The database <Database name> could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software...".  If that is correct, here is an article with multiple steps for resolving this issue: KB Article 19640

I would first look at the section (bottom of list): Problem on the Client Machine Resolving the Name of the Computer Hosting the Database

Greg Martin
Sage