Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Premium 2010 Startup Error

Sage ACT! Premium 2010 Startup Error

Hi, I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2010 and have a problem running the program. Several times, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and updating the program. However I am still getting the same error when I try to load the program. The error message is as follows:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication,null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerilizationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid Binary Header. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serliaization and deserialization.

at System.Runtime.Serlization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()

at System.Runtime.Serlization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.For matters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Premium 2010 Startup Error

This solution worked for me on ACT! 2010 and 2011!

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Premium/Resolution-of-the-dependency-failed-Type-quot-Act-UI/m-...

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Re: Sage ACT! Premium 2010 Startup Error

Thank you Greg.  After a month of trying to figure this out, it is now fixed.  Excellent !!