Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT 2012 Premium won't launch

Sage ACT 2012 Premium won't launch

My sage act 2012 software has suddenly stopped opening.  If I double click the desktop icon it opens up only the small logon window.  I enter my information and it seems to be launching, but then never does.  The icon then sits in the tray at the bottom, but never opens the database.  I think my computer recently installed the standard automatic windows upgrades this week and the problem may have coincided with that.  I can't seem to figure out how to get it to start working again.  No one else in the office, including my logon on another computer, is having an issue.  It seems to be isolated to my laptop only.  Has anyone had the same problem?  Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT 2012 Premium won't launch

Hello jeigner,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This may be due to a damaged ACT! preferences file. Please follow the steps to manually rebuild your preferences in the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.