Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! 2012 Premium for Windows - automatically creating a History when printing a Word document

Highlighted

Sage ACT! 2012 Premium for Windows - automatically creating a History when printing a Word document

Hello,

I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2012 for Windows, and Word 2010.

When I print a Word document, I would like to automatic make a History Record of that.

I would also like to store the document in ACT, so that I easily can look it up. As I remember, this was how it worked in ACT! 2008/2009?

Now, what I am able to do, is to manually "Record History" and to manually "attach the document to the supplemental file system", using the ACT! Add-In in Word.

Is it possible to set up the system in order for this to be the default action everytime I print out a Document from ACT!?

Thanks.

Regards,

Roger

Highlighted

Re: Sage ACT! 2012 Premium for Windows - automatically creating a History when printing a Word document

I have this same problem does anyone have a solution.

Highlighted

Re: Sage ACT! 2012 Premium for Windows - automatically creating a History when printing a Word document

I have been using Act! database software for years. It has made my work productivity so much easier, until now.

Auto save and attach to the contact history has always been a part of the Act! software until the  Premium Cloud version. I was told by a tech at Swiftpage that the feature is no longer available in the web or the offline versions of Act! Premium. Talk about going backwards in productivity, the developers have done a great disservice to their users.

Now you not only have to record a history by right clicking in the History Tab, but if you also have to attach a flie in the History Tab that you want. But here is the even crappier part, even if you attach a file in the History Tab it won’t show up there, it only shows up in the Documents Tab, what the heck? The History Tab allows you to view certain file types and "attached files" is one of the options, but even though you select it to view attached files they don’t show up! I can’t believe the developers think this is a good change. It takes three or four times longer and lots more clicks to do what used to be very easy in past software.

BRING BACK THE PROMP AND AUTO-ATTACH FILE FEATURE NOW!!!!!!!