Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT 2011 Premium Scheduler Service not starting

Sage ACT 2011 Premium Scheduler Service not starting

The computer in question is Windows XP all service packs/updates applied, it is also a domain member but acting as the server for ACT!. Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4 is the version of ACT!. I cannot update to HF5 due to the excel import bug. Having said that, this has been happening since the first day of the install before the computer was joined to a domain. When the scheduler is started it runs all backup jobs without error and I have performed test restores (restore as) to make sure they are valid

I can start the ACT scheduler service either by going to the windows services or by using the Scheduler GUI with no problems. However, whenever the computer reboots the scheduler service does not start. When I check event viewer I see two startup errors in the system log.

1) Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Sage ACT! Scheduler service to connect.

2) The Sage ACT! Scheduler service failed to start due to the following error:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

The service type is set to automatically start and the logon account is the Local System user account.

This is a big problem because this is preventing the backups from operating properly on the computer. With approx 45 databases and growing its becoming more of a critical issue for this company.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Sage ACT 2011 Premium Scheduler Service not starting

Run this command in a Windows Task Schedular 30 min before your scheduled tasks are due to run.

C:\Windows\System32\net Start "Sage ACT! Scheduler"
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

Re: Sage ACT 2011 Premium Scheduler Service not starting

While this did work, its not ideal as this machine is used by employees and not a server, so it is rebooted routinely. At times its done after the scheduled task is set to run. Would it be better use of time to open a troubleshooting ticket with Sage Support directly?