10-03-2011 07:58 AM
We recently took over support for a small business that is using Sage ACT 2011. They cannot get the sync functionality to work between Sage and Outlook 2007. I have found numerous articles on this but have yet to determine if its a server database issue or workstation problem. Below are specs on what are run on the office computers.
Windows XP Pro SP2/SP3
Mix of Office 2007 Home & Student as well Small Business Edition all running Outlook 2007
Around 6 out of 8 users using Sage ACT 2011 Premium
Any help or feed back would be greatly appreciated on where to start to solve this issue.
10-03-2011 08:46 AM
10-03-2011 09:03 AM
So how does it sync then through magic ? They haven't taken any steps to resolve this issue. They are trying to get the contacts from Sage to import into Outlook Contacts.
10-03-2011 09:40 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
Unfortunately, 'Abra Cadabra' doesn't work - lol!
I think what Mike was referring to is that that ACT!/Outlook sync is based through the Workstation. The locally installed ACT! program will sync with the locally opened Outlook profile.
With that in mind, the start to troubleshooting is:
- pick a workstion to concentrate on, don't try to fix them all at once - they may have different issues.
- set up the ACT!/Outlook sync settings (under Tools > Synchronize with Outlook). Click OK to initiate the sync.
- Check the Task Manager to see if the Act.Outlook.Sync.exe service is running.
- To help isolate a failure:
- create a new database on the workstation
- create a new Outlook profile on the workstation
- create a few test contacts in each
- set up sync between the new database and test
If the new setup is successful, the original failure will lie within the original database or Outlook profile.
To further isolate:
- set up the sync between the new database and the original Outlook profile and test.
- set up sync between the original database and the new Outlook profile and test.