Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT 2008 - Synchronization failure. Access to path outdistance is denied.

Sage ACT 2008 - Synchronization failure. Access to path outdistance is denied.

Hi All

I wondered if anybody could shed some light on a synchronization problem I am having with remote databases.

In the last couple of weeks whenever we try to synchronize remote databases we get the error "Synchronization has failed.  Unable to purge attachments. Access to path outicon.exe is denied."

I have checked the user permissions and all users have full permissions for the Attachments folder on both the server and the remote client.

I have also run a database repair, but still get the same problem.

Many thanks

Peter Holden

Copper Contributor

Re: Sage ACT 2008 - Synchronization failure. Access to path outdistance is denied.

I know this is not what you want to hear, and hopefully someone else can come up with a better fix, but when this happens to me, I have always just rebuilt the remote database to get it working again. the biggest problem with that is that the longer you wait, the more changes are happening and the more data is going to be missing in the new remote database once it's created.

I hope someone else has a better answer, I look forward to hearing it!

Re: Sage ACT 2008 - Synchronization failure. Access to path outicom.exe is denied.

Hi

Thanks for the info, I have created new remote databases and tried to synchronise internally on the network, but I still get the same error with a newly created database.  So that does not seem to be the issue.

The outicom.exe file is in the Attachments folder and all users have full permissions so I don't understand why the system is denying access to this file.

Thanks

Peter