Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage 50 Accounts Integration

Copper Contributor

Sage 50 Accounts Integration

Hello everyone,

I have been having this problem for a few weeks now and can't appear to find any solution to it.  It HAS been working in the past OK so I know something must have changed but I can't find what.

Trying to Create a link from a Company in Act 2011 to Sage 50 2011. We get to the wizard that asks if you want to create the company as a Customer/Supplier.  Clicking onto Next pauses for 20 seconds then says a Sage Act error  'Unable to connect to accounting application'

Sage 50 Accounts is installed locally and can access the data on the server fine.  Act is installed locally with data on the server fine.

If I sit at the server itself the link works perfect.

I have reset SData numerous times and it is setup on the client PC exactly the same as the server.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Copper Contributor

Re: Sage 50 Accounts Integration

Just to let you know I have managed to find the solution.

When setting up the Accounts Integration Wizard I had always been advised to enter in the IP Address of the server where the accounts data was held (the server).

However, I ran through this again and entered the IP Address of the local PC that I was working on and it now appears to link and to work perfectly.

We'll probably never get this problem again but at least you kknow what to check if you do!

John.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage 50 Accounts Integration

John,
Thank you for the update!

Greg Martin
Sage