Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQLServr.exe High memory usage

Tuned Listener

SQLServr.exe High memory usage

One of the Remote DB users is experiencing very High SQLServr.exe usage. This is a client user with Admin Access. So he does see the entire DB. I also have a Remote User who has "Manager" Access. His SQLservr.exe Usage seems normal.

So in total we have 4 clients with remote DB's. 1 as a "Admin" 1 as a "Manager" and the other 2 are "Standard" users. As far as the Admin and Manager Rights they both sync the entire DB. But would the difference in Access Rights cause the Admin to run high memory usage rather then the Manager?

I went into ACTDiag and optioned to have memory be released every 50 minutes. But the utilization is still quite high.

I would also like to mention all users including Server Install have the latest Hotfix 4.

Thanks for your help.

JA

Tuned Listener

Re: SQLServr.exe High memory usage

ANYONE??? 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SQLServr.exe High memory usage

Hello,

In ACT Diagnostics, go to Server/Settings. Under the Server Memory tab, slide minimum all the way the left and maximum all the way the right. Under the Server Processor tab, make sure "Use all available processors" is selected. The stop and restart the SQL Server (ACT7) service on his machine.

Also, how high is the memory usage compared to other users? Does the memory usage spike during synchronization?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.