Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL fails to Install

SQL fails to Install

User is running XP Pro - when installing ACT 2009 (11) I receive an error that MSsql won't install.

The log file was indicating that the CPU was not synchronized.  I removed SQL server etc and tried to reinstall , but received the same error, always fails when trying to start the SQL Express Server (7).

I tried installing SQLExpress by itself and the install process reported the following error.

COM Plus Catalog Requirement. If SQL server setup fails, setup will roll back the installation but may not remove all manifest files. The work around is to rename the files and then run setup again.

I am not sure what the manifest files are, or where to find them.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: SQL fails to Install

Here is a link from MS concerning this error: COM+ System Configuration Check Failure in SQL Server Setup 

Assuming you have no other applications running any version of SQL on this computer -  before attempting the reinstall, be sure all SQL Server 2005 components have been removed from the Add/Remove Programs list.  Then go into the 'c:\Program Files' folder and rename the 'MicroSoft SQL Server' folder (add 'old' to the end) so it will be recreated in total during the reinstall. 

Greg Martin
Sage