Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server problems keeps shutting down

Copper Contributor

SQL Server problems keeps shutting down

The SQL server 2005 on my XP server keeps shutting down every day.  I cannot access ACT when it is shut down.  When I restart it using SQL server configuration ACT 2010 will work but I have to restart it every day. 
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: SQL Server problems keeps shutting down

This sounds like you have a Windows 'Automatic Update' attempting to install.  It will fail because the Act7 instance is password protected.  Here is a document explaining how to install an update to SQL - if this is the one that matches what you have in Automtic Updates you will need to follow these instructions: Security Update for SQL Server® 2005 Service Pack 3 (KB970892)
Greg Martin
Sage

I performed all of  in instructions in as directed by Microsoft and the update still will not work.  It keeps getting to a point where I am requested to insert the original Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (ACT 7) disk which I have done, and the error message I get is "wrong disk".  I have inserted every ACT disk I have ever owned (which is every version), and none of them work.  Any suggestions?  The constant shutting down is annoying.

Nickel Elite Contributor

I've taken a different path with users - just go into Automatic Updates and deselect that update from being installed.  Windows Update should not try to install that again.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com