Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server 2012 instance not being seen by ACT! v16 installation

SQL Server 2012 instance not being seen by ACT! v16 installation

I made sure that I read the system requirements document correctly that SQL 2012 was supported by v16, which it says it is.  The installation does not see my ACT7 instance that is on the same server and I'm not prompted for the SA password so I only have a non-database ACT installation.  I can't find any installation instructions if something needs to be different for SQL 2012.  What changes do I need to make to my SQL 2012 instance for ACT to see it during installation?

For reference:

(bold added by me for emphasis)

Database Server:

Act! Premium uses SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 or your existing installation of SQL Server 2008 R2. Act! has also been certified against existing installations of SQL Server 2012. If you would like to use a different edition of SQL Server other than the one provided, please consult Microsoft documentation for specific requirements for that edition. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(v=sql.105).aspx

Re: SQL Server 2012 instance not being seen by ACT! v16 installation

System Details:

Windows Server 2012 R2

SQL Server 2012 SP1 Standard

ACT! v16 Premium

Found a page that says that this was fixed in Premium v16.1.  I was using just the base v16 version.  I am downloading the latest version and will be testing shortly.

Anyone else having issues with this?  I downloaded the latest ACT SP1 install and it still isn't seeing my ACT7 instance.  I have updated SQL 2012 to SP2 and I'm hoping that they didn't build the "instance finder" to only look for non-SP instances.