Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Database Command Timed Out

New to the forum and hoping to get some help.

I have Act 2012 premium (on a server) and 8 out of 10 times I get the following when I go and try to open up Act:

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Nickel Contributor

Re: SQL Database Command Timed Out

This would indicate that you either have a serious performance issue on your server, your SQL Server Network configuration incorrectly configured, or you have a firewall blocking some SQL components. There are several articles on this on the act knowledgebase
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

I will look into it. Thank you a bunch Travis!

Travis, can you point me to these articles?  I can't find them.

I am having the annoying "SQL Database Command Timed Out" error popup everytime I open up ACT.  but then i ok it, and open database and its fine.

I decreased the time out, and the error just showed up faster - which makes it more convenient for me to just click ok and move on.  But i still want to remove this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Having the same issue..

oddly enough I have 1 system on the newtwork that can access the ACT server with no issues.

then I have 3 other that get the same Time out error.. however they have connected before so unsure what changed.

Copper Contributor

Just had the same situation.  One computer got the error message and the other did not.  The one with the error message was Windows 7 Home.  The computer without an error message was Windows 7 Pro.  Problem was solved by adding the SQL port to the exemptions in the windows firewall.  Ther server it a Windows 7 Home computer as well.

Tom

Tom Najemy
Squad 16 Consulting
860-758-7250
tomn@squad16.com