Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMTP Server Not Found

Tuned Listener

SMTP Server Not Found

I cannot get my partial web-based email system in ACT 2008 for WEB Prem to work. I do not want to use outlook or anything else. I want to be able to email from ACT. I have tried everyway possible, but I think the issue is that ACT uses 25 and 110 vs 465. I need to get an email somewhere that will work with 25 and 110. I know I cannot do this from hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc, because they do not SMTP, so any thoughts people? My cell with T-mobile does not do it either.

Re: SMTP Server Not Found

sansonj,

You're correct, ACT! internet e-mail only works with default smtp/pop3 ports.

As for another e-mail provider, that I'm not sure of.  Are you looking for something thats free or a paid service?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm using ACT for Web Premium 2009 and trying to get the built in email system to work for clients connecting, but no matter what email setup they try in the settings it always comes back with "smtp server was not found" even when the smtp server uses the default ports. Is there something I am missing that needs to be setup on the server? I've tried using outside email accounts that do not require the firewall to be modified and I still get the same message??

Thanks in advance

Glen