Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SAGE ACT PREMIUM 2011

SAGE ACT PREMIUM 2011

[ Edited ]

Operating System: Windows 7 32 BIT

Processor: Intel Core DUO CPU @ 3.00GHz

Memory: 2.00GB

ACT does not work on Win 7 Machine, but if I take the same install package on a WIN XP machine it works.

Windows XP Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Pentium 4

Memory: 512mb

I tried compatibility mode already. This is bogus, It hangs when it tries to load the ACTDEMO database. It says "Not Responding"

When I disconnect the WIn 7 machine from the net, it loads the ACTDEMO fine, until I connect to the net again and try to open the ACTDEMO then it just freezes.

What is ACT trying to connect too; when I have ethernet connected on the machine, and can i disable it?

What is going on here?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SAGE ACT PREMIUM 2011

Hello Levitt-Safety,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Sage ACT! 2011 is fully supported on Windows 7, so the issue is not O/S compatibility. One thing you can try is to lower the settings for or disable User Account Control (UAC). Instructions are in KB Article 25665. Also, just for clarification when you say "the net", are you referring to a network or the Internet?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Did anyone get anywhere with this.

I have a windoes 7 machine 32 bit and i have just put Act 2011 on but it keeps freezing when i log in and go to contacts.

All it says is (not respondin)

I have four other machines with Act on but they are xp and vista. Do i need to do anything on the machine,

I have turned off UAC and even tried adding user as domain admins.

I have logged on the machine with a user which is working and it is still freezing.

It has to be something to do with the OS. I have re-formatted but still no look. HELP please.

Hello Matthew,
Welcome to Sage ACT! Community. Does this happen when you try to access any database on that machine? Try opening the local copy of the demo database (ACT2011Demo) and see what happens.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Managed to solve it. This is for every one who has this problem.

Delete or Rename the Home folder in Act for Windows and it runs completly fine.

After years of searching the forums for help i feel i have finally given something back.

[ Edited ]

So it looks like the issue may have been in trying to load the external content from the Welcome Page. I have seen this a few times with the firewall or proxy blocking this content and causing ACT! not to open. If you change your startup screen in Preferences to something else like Contacts, then you should not have the issue.

Greig Hollister

I will look at all the contents of the home file and see if i can allow them through the firewall as this might be the problem.

Thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

I can confirm that changing the startup view worked for us.  But it might also be a good idea on problematic networks to move stuff out of the home folder.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Changing the startup view is not enough in this case, because if the user clicks the Welcome option in the NavBar, ACT! will lock up again. The user should remove the Welcome option from the NavBar as well.

Greig Hollister

I found a quick solution. In .\Act for windows\Home\Scripts rename "Idle". Works perfectly for me on a Win 7 x64 unit.