Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SA is locked and ACTDIAG will not run and Backups will not RUN

SA is locked and ACTDIAG will not run and Backups will not RUN

Last week and outside Firm performed a penetration test of our internal network. During the Scans, the SA user for ACT SQL Instance was locked. We were able to unlock the SA Account thru SQL in Maintenace Mode, the only way SQL would allow me to unlock the SA account, we had to change the password?

We can login thru SQL Studio Management, but ACTDIAG still will not work, it says invalid login SA. Not sure where and how to correct this. Any Suggestions?

It would be great if ACT would allow another SA user in the SQL Instance of ACT, this way we could have a backdoor if this would happen again.

Mike

Security National Bank

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SA is locked and ACTDIAG will not run and Backups will not RUN

There is an SA utility that can be purchased from Sage to set the SA password.

To reset the SA pass for ACT!, see the secion on SecurityCmdLnApp.exe in this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2522...

Mike

Thanks for the quick Reply, Will try this 1st thing tomorrow. The other thought i just had, i can always change the password back to the original one. I still have that password.

My only issue now is the Auditors and Examiners will want us to rename or replace the SA account for security purposes. I do not think that is an option with the ACT Instance of SQL.

Thanks

Mike

Security National Bank

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! randomizes the SA pass for the ACT7 instance unless you get the SA Pass utility from Sage

That's what that utility does :-)