Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running office 2010 with VMWare Fusion

Running office 2010 with VMWare Fusion

Hi,

I have an issue with the integration of office 2010 and ACT!

Software Specs as follows;

Operating system win 7 64-bit home premium on VMware fusion 3.0.0

Sage ACT! V13 Premium 13.1 with Hotfix 2

Office 2010 32-bit Home/Business

Install went through smoothly but the integration with office/act is just not happening. When I go to set up my email in preferences, it gives me an error "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program, or if one is already installed, create an association in default programs in control panel".

I have noticed that in the default programs that there is .pst files .eml files etc which are associated with Microsoft Virtualisation handler which obviously has to do with the VMware.

I have set the default program for email to this Microsoft Virtualisation handler in the VMware settings, set outlook 2010 as my email default program, set up an email account to create the outlook datafile, run the Act.outlook.exe and allowed through all firewalls, reinstalled both outlook 2010 then ACT!

I have also created an ACT! address book via outlookand pointed this to my database which seems to add the add-ins BUT only sync calendar & sync contacts with ACT!.

Another thing I have noticed is that in ACT!>Tools>Preferences>communications tab I only have ACT! editor in there.

I have looked at Outlook® is Missing as an Option in the ACT! E-mail Setup  |   List of Available E-Mail Systems Is Empty In E-mail Setup Wizard

Has anyone experienced anything like this or am I doing something wrong?

If you need more info, just let me know.

Tnx in advance

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Running office 2010 with VMWare Fusion

Hello Gareth_45434,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Here are some basic items to double check:

- Was ACT! installed before or after Outlook?  ACT! must be installed after Office to identify it and add it's registry keys.  Uninstall/Re-install ACT! to resolve.

- Is Office installed as 'Click to Run'?  ACT! cannot integrate with the Office 'Click to Run' installation method (Office does not install all of the required integration components).

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have unstalled/resintalled ACT! and office. I installed Outlook, then ACT! FYI.

Yes, the Office is installed as "Click to Run" and am not sure how I go about downloading the full version as we bought keys from a stationery supplier (which are legitimate). Any thought's?

Thanks again!

Platinum Super Contributor

You should be able to download the full Office installation files from Microsoft with your keys.  Here is an article with more information and steps: KB Article 27151

Greg Martin
Sage