Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running ACT Premium database on stand alone ACT (w/o remote SQL server)?

Copper Contributor

Running ACT Premium database on stand alone ACT (w/o remote SQL server)?

[ Edited ]

I have a user who would like to take their ACT Premium 11.x database, that was running with remote SQL server, and use it at home on a PC with ACT.

I have backed up the database, but when trying to Restore As I get a long display of DatabaseAccessExceptions and SQL instance messages (see below or LINK here).

Is there a way to convert or save as the database that it will work with stand alone ACT on a PC that does not interface with a remote SQL server?

Odd thing is if I restore as, on my PC with ACT Premium, to a local drive it runs, but I am still connected to the network that has the SQL server on it...

Suggestions?

ACT Error

Message Edited by IT_Ron on 07-07-2009 07:18 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Running ACT Premium database on stand alone ACT (w/o remote SQL server)?

Verify that the ACTSQL service is running on the remote computer, see if you can open the demo database.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Copper Contributor

In this case there is no longer a remote computer. 

Previous setup had ACT on the desktop with database residing on remote SQL server.

New setup - stand alone desktop only.  How do I convert database to work without remote SQL server and to run on stand alone desktop?

Thanks!

Copper Super Contributor

Sorry poor choice of words, you need a full install of ACT/SQL on the stand alone machine, verify that it is working properly by opening the demo database then start working on your "restore as"
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA