Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ring Alarm intervals

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Ring Alarm intervals

Is it possible to have Ring Alarm intervals other than the defaults (i.e. 30min, 1hour, 1day, 5days, etc).

I have a Webinar scheduled for 3am and a 1 hour reminder seems pretty useless, as does a 1 day reminder.

Why can't I set a 12 hour reminder which seems much more useful.

Same comment goes for Snooze intervals!

I am using Act! Premium 2009 and I would have thought it much more flexible than it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author BernieH
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Ring Alarm intervals

Actually, for the Alarm lead time you can type in your own duration when creating or editing an Activity. You would simply type the number and either an "m", an "h", or a "d" (minutes, hours, days). You can do a combination as well, such as 4d6h15m, for 4 days, 6 hours, and 15 minutes. I tested this with some activities and it worked fine. This also works for the Duration field as well. This however, is not an option with the Snooze time.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author BernieH
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually, for the Alarm lead time you can type in your own duration when creating or editing an Activity. You would simply type the number and either an "m", an "h", or a "d" (minutes, hours, days). You can do a combination as well, such as 4d6h15m, for 4 days, 6 hours, and 15 minutes. I tested this with some activities and it worked fine. This also works for the Duration field as well. This however, is not an option with the Snooze time.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

When you schedule an activity you can highlight the "Ring Alarm" dropdown list and change the lead time. So if you want a 12 hour prompt, click in the dropdown, place your cursor in the window and change the 1 Hour to 12 hours (30 minutes to 90 minutes, 1 day to 3 days etc). You can't edit the default values, but you can modify an individual activity.

Yours for greater success, Dan RosenbergerDataCom Solutions219.916.1800

Dan Rosenberger
Sage ACT! Consultant & Trainer
DataCom Solutions
New Mexico || Indiana
505.559.4688 || 219.916.1800