Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Retain filters when switching between List/Detail Views

Copper Contributor

Retain filters when switching between List/Detail Views

Having finally deployed Act! for Web, I find that my users are quite happy with it, save for a ingle issue.

When you are viewing the Opportunities in list view, and set various filters to find records for a specific user or relating to a specific stage, then click on one to see it's details, when you click List View again, all filters are set back tot he default of "All" causing you to reconfigure the filters.  While this may seem like a minor issue, it's driving my users mad, which makes my life less than perfect.  Is there anyway to have Act! retain the previously used filter settings, or at least to change the defaults to something else?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Retain filters when switching between List/Detail Views

From the first glance it looks like the drop downs get reset but the data is still showing the correct information. I believe this is a defect, but not as severe as you were thinking. 

The sort and filters are retained through the session, it just doesn't look like it if you look at the drop downs at the top. All the right data is showing though. If you are seeing something else can you give me some steps to reproduce it? 

Copper Contributor

You are absolutely correct.  I'm quite embarrassed that I didn't notice this when the issue was being shown to me.  The correct data does appear to be displayed throughout the session, despite the pull-down boxes not reflecting the current filters.  This certainly renders my issue null.  While relating this information to my users, however, I was told that the filters do get completely reset when switching between tasks (i.e. from Opportunities to Contacts then back) but unable to replicate this behaviour.  If I can find an occurance of this (as of now, I'm chocking it up to user error), I'll update the post.

In the mean time, I want to sincerely thank you for the assistance.  Getting this off my preverbial plate has done a great deal to improve my day and call the boss.

Cheers

Bronze Elite Contributor

It's still a problem. No need to be embarrassed. I was quite confused at first as well. I'll submit a defect to our development team to be addressed in some future release. 
Copper Contributor

It appears that this problem still exists on v17?  Exactly what you guys are explaining, still happens.

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

This mite be a solution?  Create an Lookup / Advance Query, Save it in the default query folder, then add the query to your custom commands toolbar. If it is a situation where you are frequently using the same basic query? such as Specific Stages? etc..  Then all you need to do is click on the custom command button each time to need to get back to where you want to be?  Smiley Happy

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you thank you thank you!

This worked perfectly!

Tony