Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Retain customized columns in different databases?

dso

Retain customized columns in different databases?

I was able to save customized columns by making certain files in the C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\ACT\ACT For Windows 10 directory read-only, but only for one database. I have an employee that uses 3 different databases, and would like to be able to customize columns in all 3 databases, with different settings for each. Is this possible? Has this issue been solved?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Retain customized columns in different databases?

Hello dso,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Based on the information provided, the issue with column preferences not being retained when switching databases appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. This issue is currently under investigation and an update will be provided when a solution or an alternative work-around is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Has this issue been resolved?  Any updates or work-arounds?

Nickel Contributor

This is not a workaround and I don't know if the issue has been fixed since it was reported but you might want to look at our ACT! Listview Manager addon that allows you to store your listview settings and even the filter settings in the opp listview.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
JM
Nickel Contributor

I own and use Listview Manger not only for Contact List but for Group, Company, Opportunity view and have had excellent support via GotoMeeting, Phone and emails regarding how to do more with this and his Purge History, CopyData, AutoNumber. Very responsive to revise them when I found a bug or needed a special Preference setting that others could need.

I would recommend you get it because I developed my 65,000 contacts service location DB to do more than store only contact address, phone fields ect. I needed a way to jump between views to display different set of fields with set column widths and then just click on ACT! export to Excel.  If you have many DB it will create in it's preferences folder the views for each DB and only show those view related to that DB name. Also nice for Opportunity you can save a defined Filter for that list view based on Specific Status, Process/Stag, Date ect..

Don't expect Sage to add or even match this function set.  I requested this years! ago and even in the last two Beta Tests.  I'll point out the size of my DB and ACT! performance is not effected unlike other add-ons I tried. 

JM