Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restrict Opportunity among users!

Restrict Opportunity among users!

we are currently having 10 license of ACT! premium for Web and have created  different user to access single database.

now i would like to setup individual opprotunity such way that users can only see thier own opprounity and not any one else. also administrater can watch all useres opprotunity. 

can anyone suggest me how would i do that? i have already tried to click on private while creating opportunity but that doesnt allow even administrator to look users opprounity list. please suggest best possible option.

thank you Smiley Happy 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restrict Opportunity among users!

To control access to Opportunities in the manner you are describing, you would need to use Limited Access. In ACT! 2009 and below, this is not available for Opportunities. This feature, however, has been added in ACT! 2010 with the enhanced Opportunities functions.

In ACT! 2009 and below, the only way to do this is to use Limited Access for the Contacts associated with the Opportunities. This means that not only would access to the Opportunities be restricted, but to the entire Contact record as well.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Restrict Opportunity among users!

How do i apply limited access to perticular Contact attached to opportunity as suggested?