Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restoring from .ADF, can't access the file

Restoring from .ADF, can't access the file

Using Act 2009 Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1, at some point, my .PAD file became inaccessible. After reading the forums, I saw the fix was to delete the .PAD file and open the .ADF file to regenerate the .PAD. I deleted the file, and tried to open the .ADF, and I receive this error message:

"This file is in use. Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another application"

I have been pawing through the system, and the only thing that seems to have access to the file at this time is SQL Server. When I open up the ACT Diagnostics, it can see the file, you can run repairs and checks against it, and they all seem to run successfully. 

Does anyone have any thoughts about what I can do about this to restore my access to the database? I am running this in a Windows 7 64 bit installation.

Thank you in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restoring from .ADF, can't access the file

That did it. Thank you sir!

Platinum Elite Contributor

I was following the same process of detaching databse; deleting PAD  and then opening ADF.  However, I accidentally had ACT open and got an error message.  I don't know if this caused the problem but the PAD is deleted and the ADF won't open saying, "this file is in use"

I did the exact same thing as david and got the same result.  The ADF will not open and I get the message "this file is in uise"

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi John,

You need to make sure ACT! is closed, then go into actdiag, highlight the database in question right click and choose detach database.

Once this is done open up ACT! and then try opening the adf file.

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005