Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restored Backup of Remote Database - How to re-establish Sync?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Re: Restored Backup of Remote Database - How to re-establish Sync?

The main thing you will not get with the web version is integrations with some of the addons, like ours for example, or Quickbooks.  However, with the Webapi that may change but it will take time.  Some addons are typically one per site so they could run on a workstation for the Administrator. Word forms and Outlook can work from the web.  This link here is to a KB article that talks about the differences. http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25857/~/differences-between-act!-by-sage-premium-and...

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks Patricia. When you say some add-ons are one per site? What exactly does that mean? You can only have one add-on installed at any given time or it is installed across all users sharing that database?

Are there any other common add-ons that you think we would be missing out on like Quickbooks? We are currently using an add-on for financial service advisors but aren't really maximizing its use anyways, so may not be a big deal to move over to the web-based version.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

What I  mean by one per site is it's really an admin tool, like removing duplicates, that only needs to run on one machine. The Quickbooks addon, QBSales is totally awesome. It's an amazing integration with ACT. I use it myself and love it.  Here's a link: http://www.qsalesdata.com/.  There are lots of other addons - far too many to list here - that only work on the workstation version. That's why I have high hopes for the Webapi so we can port many of these excellent tools to the web.  You can find many of the tools on the Act Marketplace and on Actaddons.com. 

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks again. As a financial advisory practice, there really aren't a lot of add-ons we require and given the customization available of the layouts/forms, I suspect we can accomplish 90% of what we need with the bare bones system. This will be a good starting point and then we can start adding some of the available add-ons as they are ported over if required.