Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore - Sync from remote DB back to main

Restore - Sync from remote DB back to main

[ Edited ]

I am trying to restore a database from a backukp done on a remote database. I can restore the DB with no problem, but after 1 hour (our sync schedule) the main database overwrites the remote with the non-restored copy.

Is there any way I can restore the DB on the remote, and push that to the main? Looking at all my sync options I can't see a way to make the remote take precedence if even for just that initial sync.

There are space constraints on the main server that make it so putting the backup on it and doing a "restore as" prohibitive.

I should mention this is on ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restore - Sync from remote DB back to main

Hello mscs,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. When you do a sync on the same data set, the data with the most recent timestamp is going to win. So in your case, the data on the main database seems to have to more recent timestamp. If you want to data from the remote to replace the data in the main, you would need to impor that data from the remote into the main and use the contact merge option of "Replace with source".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.