Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore Deleted Users for ACT! Premium 2009

Restore Deleted Users for ACT! Premium 2009

So I was removing a few ex-employees from our database and all the sudden 1700 files are gone. When it asked me if I wanted to reassign the files, it never said if I answered no, that those files would dissappear. Well, those files all have disappeared and now I need to get them back. It seems that all the blogs have indicated on versions from 2006 and before, there was an option to undelete records ... but on 2009, I cannot find it. Please help!!!

Nickel Contributor

Re: Restore Deleted Users for ACT! Premium 2009

Ther eis no undelete in ACT you would need to restore htis data from your back
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

We don't have a back up ... I am new to all of this and had not backed anything up yet. Why did they have it on older versions but not on this one?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually there was no true undelete. In the old databse structure deleted contact were marked for deletion but not remove from the database until you did a compress and reindex. The undelete operation performed as a database repair simply removed the marked for deletion flag from all contact records so you got back all the records since the last compress and reindex which typically included many records that you wanted deleted. Also you didn't get back any notes, history, activities or email addresses. Basically you only got the name and address information back.

A word to the wise, always do a safety backup before any major modification to the database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129