Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore Act! 2010 Premium database to Act! 2013 Premium

Restore Act! 2010 Premium database to Act! 2013 Premium

Hi,

We are in the process of testing Act!2013 / Outlook 2010 (IMAP to Lotus Notes) prior to migrating from Act! 2010 / Outlook 2003 (Exchange).

We have a new installation on a server & brand new PCs to test and configure. Was just wondering if there was a way to keep restoring data from the live Act! 2010 environment into the test Act! "2013 environment ?

The database in the test environment is called mfa2010 & the database in the live environment is called mfa2010. If I try a restore as I get database with same file name exists. If I try a restore I get message restore can only occur on the machine that performed the backup. If I drop and delete the test mfa2010, then I can't seem to recreate the the mfa2010 database in the test environment.

The only steps that seems to work is to wipe Act! 2013  off the new test server, re-install Act! 2010 using the existing ADF files & then rerun the Act! 2013 upgrade.

Just wondering if there was a quicker way ?

Regards

Terry Noriega-Durrant

BOCM PAULS / Dairy Direct

Nickel Contributor

Re: Restore Act! 2010 Premium database to Act! 2013 Premium

The only way you will be able to do it is by deleting the 2013 test database and then restoring it as you cannot have the same named database twice. If it is only being used for testing purposes is there any need to keep the test database upto date so you don't have to keep upgrading it.

Hi, thanks for the fast response.

I don't need to keep the test database, but at the moment I can't restore the datebase without doing a complete uninstall of Act & SQL Server everytime !

Happy to delete / drop database ... but just wondering if there was a way of restoring without having to do full uninstall.

Thanks
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

within ACT! go to Tools -> database maintenance -> delete database, you then can restore from an ACT! backup. (the easiest way)

If copying the ADF and ALF files  use ACTDIAG then go to databases -> database list and then right mouse click on the database and select detach database. Then use tools -> attach ACT! database to attach the files.