Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resolution of the dependency failed

Resolution of the dependency failed

I have Sage ACT! Premium 2012 installed on multiple computers all linking to the main database on our internal server through a VPN gateway.  One of my remote computers is displaying the following error when trying to open ACT!

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”. Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[ACT.UI.ActApplication, null]) Failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream ‘0’ does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formaters.Binary._BinaryParser.Run()

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, _BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean is CrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at Act.UI.Core.CustomerCCommandHelper.Deserialize (String filename) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)

I have gone through KB Article 25865, which did not resolve the issue.

Any help would be great, as the computer is availbale to me today only.

Thanks

Nicholas

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed

Hello Namielke,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Generally this is resolved with the manual rebuilding of the Preference files.  The instructions say to rename the 'ACT Data' folder, try it again but this time Delete the 'ACT Data' folder (and any renamed copy of it).  Be sure that ACT! is closed before performing the steps.

Greg Martin
Sage

I went through the steps to manually delete preferences again.  This time I was successful.

Thank you

Copper Contributor

is the pefernes rebuild done on the server or local machines?   I hab=no problem remoltey accessing ACT...but my colleague get he error on her laptop

and yet...the emails that she sends for her email are all  being recorded on the main database --- so I am confused

Platinum Super Contributor

The Preferences will be deleted on the local machine.

The issue causes the ACT! program to fail to open, but does not lock the actual database files. The emails sent from Outlook would still have access to the database files to attach them as History items.
Greg Martin
Sage