Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

That should resolve if the issue is with the ACT! files. This could also be caused by an issue with .NET. Here's how you can attempt to scan and fix .NET issues in Vista:
- Click your Windows start button and go to All Programs
- Go to the Accessories folder in the Program List and click it to open
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run As Adminstrator
- In the command window, type sfc /scannow (notice the space after "sfc") and press Enter on your keyboard

The process usually takes 5-10 minutes to run

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok, tried both of those and the scan was fine and the registry key present and still no luck.  Will reinstall.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same problem.  Any suggestions?  I confirmed the monitor resolution is at 96 dpi but does the screen size matter if it's different from the ACT standards?

Moderators, we have the same problem and non of the fixes so far work. We're on ACT! Premium 2012, operating on Windows 7.

Uninstalled and reinstall and still doesn't work! Any more ideas chaps?

We just bought 8 licenses of ACT 2012 premium for our office and the salesman was eager to sell us the software,..But I see that this issues are kept unresolved from release after release. I really regret spending that kind of money in this software!..Two of our computers have unresolved issues..I hope the other six keep us afloat

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jose,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues your experiencing with ACT! 2012. What are the unresolved issues you are having with your two machines? Also, please keep in mind that if your company just purchased ACT! 2012, you have 30 days of free support so you can call into ACT! tech support for assistance.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

thank you for your concern ghollister!
I have one of the computers with the same issue in this tread "Reslution of the ....." unresolved after following all the steps mentioned above. the other has a similar problem : "fail to open a connection to database"....same as many other users and I have not faound a final answer from anyone. I called support but my 30 days have expired and they want me to sign in for some kind of plan to get more money? Gone are the days when you would install a software and did what it supposed to!

I am totally discouraged with Sage ACT Pro 2011. I have been an ACT customer for close to 20 years. I have never had problems opening the database before buying 2011. With this version, I have had continual issues.The "Resolution of the dependancy failed...." is the current screen I get when I try to turn on my database. I am admittedly not very tech saavy and have spent the $50 for help the last two times I have had this error. I am tired of continually shelling out money to just use the database. I'm sure that I am not the only one with this periodic issue of an unreliable database that doesn't open. It appears that those who have expressed frustration have had their comments whitewashed on this site. I have been on this website for over an hour now trying to figure out my next step.

It appears from the posts that I need to first back up my ACT database if I want to "rebuild the preferences". How do I do that if the database doesn't open? Is there a way to fix this on-going issue so that valuable work time isn't wasted again and again? I am running Windows 7.

A VERY frustrared Act 2011 user.

Problem fixed...over two hours spent using the variuos solutions suggested. I was wrong in my last post. Every time technical support is called, the fee is $99. I am truly disillusioned by SAGE and the "new" versions of ACT that have these periodic bugs. I long for my old stable ACT programs that never had issues. Based on experiences over the last 17 months on Pro 2011, I'd bet big money that I will have to go through the agony of yet another problem with this database program.

Frustrated longtime ACT user from Seattle

ACA

Hi,

Today I got a call from an ACT! Consultant, that there was a problem with ACT! on one of our Customers PC.

It gave the same error and told me that he only upgraded ACT! and that the problem was on our hands, cause it's a Windows error.

The problem was ACT! and it took me 15min. to solve this.

1. Rename the ACT! folder in %appdata%\ACT

2. Start ACT! and close it again

3. Copy all files in the old ACT! folder and place it in the new ACT! folder, but don't override any files!

4. Start ACT! and the problem is solved.

Kind Regards,

Act & Connect.