Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

Please clarify -

1. Rename the ACT! folder in %appdata%\ACT
- Rename it what?

3. Copy all files in the old ACT! folder and place it in the new ACT! folder, but don't override any files!
- What new ACT folder?

Please be clear - not all of us are savvy about the backwoods files or how to handle them. Step by step please!!
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello SMJS,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are using ACT! 2012 SP1 (version 14.1.108) and are getting the "Resolution of the dependency failed" error, then applying the latest hot fix for that version should resolve it. Please see this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2881...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ACA

SMJS,

This was not an solution, only a workaround. Please use the KB, for solving your problem.

To clarify:

1. Rename the ACT! folder in: "%appdata%\ACT" to something like: ACT.old (start --> run --> %appdata%).
3. Copy all files in the old ACT! folder and place it in the new ACT! folder, but don't override any files!
(after renaming the ACT! folder and you start ACT!, a new folder is created in the AppData directory, but only if you renamed the original folder to: ACT.old

hi,

can you give me a step by step on how you restored this without being able to open ACT.   I backed up yesterday and today I cannot open ACT.  I have this same error message.  

ACA

Tomspan,

What I have posted is the Step-by-Step "Quickguide", on how to restore ACT!, as a Workaround.

I don't intend to write a full Walkthrough Guide, because this is "straight-forward".

If you don't understand the Workaround, please ask an ICT member to execute the Workaround.

Platinum Super Contributor

Tomspan,

The instructions from ACA are definitely correct; review the section "Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences" in this article for more 'step-by-step' instructions: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

I am currently experiencing the error message in the subject box.  I saw your suggestions to other, but unfortunately for me I am not as computer literate as they are.  Could you please give me a step by step as to how to resolve this issue?  I have ACT Pro 2011

Thank you,

Brian

My ACT program won't open and I continue to receive this message.  Absolutely no new programming with the ACT - happened out of the blue.  Any recommendations?

Copper Elite Contributor

I got this error when upgrading to ACT!16 Premium. Eventually I found the simple solution. Don't start ACT!16 from the taskbar once you have upgraded. Delete the new orange ACT! icon from the task bar, start ACT! from the desktop icon instead then pin ACT! to the task bar.

Now, to get rid of Swiftpage e-marketing on start up.

Sorting this business with the taskbar icon screwed up an otherwise flawless upgrade.

Thanks,

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Copper Super Contributor

After trying everything in this thread, I finally found a solution that worked reliably in my cirumstances (6 computers were experiencing this same issue for one of our clients).

This error had occurred for me when upgrading from Pro v16 to Premium v17.

1.  Completely uninstall Act!

2.  Uninstall all .NET components from add/remove programs panel (particularly .NET 4.5.1)

3.  Reinstall Act!, which includes a .NET re-installer.

Obviously you'll want to check before uninstalling .NET that no other programs on your machine are relying on it.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com