11-12-2012 10:12 AM
11-12-2012 10:21 AM - edited 11-12-2012 10:22 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are using ACT! 2012 SP1 (version 14.1.108) and are getting the "Resolution of the dependency failed" error, then applying the latest hot fix for that version should resolve it. Please see this Knowledgebase article:
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
11-13-2012 10:31 PM
02-20-2013 06:05 PM
can you give me a step by step on how you restored this without being able to open ACT. I backed up yesterday and today I cannot open ACT. I have this same error message.
02-20-2013 09:28 PM
What I have posted is the Step-by-Step "Quickguide", on how to restore ACT!, as a Workaround.
I don't intend to write a full Walkthrough Guide, because this is "straight-forward".
If you don't understand the Workaround, please ask an ICT member to execute the Workaround.
02-21-2013 06:38 AM
The instructions from ACA are definitely correct; review the section "Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences" in this article for more 'step-by-step' instructions: KB Article 14770
06-22-2013 11:18 AM - edited 06-22-2013 11:22 AM
I am currently experiencing the error message in the subject box. I saw your suggestions to other, but unfortunately for me I am not as computer literate as they are. Could you please give me a step by step as to how to resolve this issue? I have ACT Pro 2011
06-28-2013 02:06 PM
My ACT program won't open and I continue to receive this message. Absolutely no new programming with the ACT - happened out of the blue. Any recommendations?
03-03-2014 01:48 PM
I got this error when upgrading to ACT!16 Premium. Eventually I found the simple solution. Don't start ACT!16 from the taskbar once you have upgraded. Delete the new orange ACT! icon from the task bar, start ACT! from the desktop icon instead then pin ACT! to the task bar.
Now, to get rid of Swiftpage e-marketing on start up.
Sorting this business with the taskbar icon screwed up an otherwise flawless upgrade.
04-23-2015 05:41 AM
After trying everything in this thread, I finally found a solution that worked reliably in my cirumstances (6 computers were experiencing this same issue for one of our clients).
This error had occurred for me when upgrading from Pro v16 to Premium v17.
1. Completely uninstall Act!
2. Uninstall all .NET components from add/remove programs panel (particularly .NET 4.5.1)
3. Reinstall Act!, which includes a .NET re-installer.
Obviously you'll want to check before uninstalling .NET that no other programs on your machine are relying on it.