Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

[ Edited ]

I have a client with ACT! by Sage 2010 Premium and Windows 7 and has the following error message.

http://www.lttforum.net/error.png

I have tried the answer at

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865

and that does not work.

I have also remove Act 2010 and then re-installed it and it work fine when SP1/HF1 is not installed.

As soon as I install SP1/HF1 i get the same error msg again.

Thanks

(edited to update kb link)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.UI.ActApplication", name=""

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to the error message you are receiving after applying ACT! 2010 SP1 HF1, you may be able to resolve by manually removing your preferences file. Follow these steps:

•  After applying the SP1 HF1 update, close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
  • Open your Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, end process for "Act.Outlook.Service.exe"
  •  Click on your Windows Start button. Type in the following command: %appdata% in the Search box in the lower left of the start menu.
  • This will open the Application Data folder. In this folder open the ACT folder.
  • In this folder you should see one or more folders named Act for Windows (version#), where "version#" is the current (or previous) versions of ACT! installed on this machine.
  • Rename this folder to "Act for WindowsOLD" (rename all if more than one)
  • Reboot your machine
  • Open ACT! and test
  •  

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
    Solution
    Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
    ‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to the error message you are receiving after applying ACT! 2010 SP1 HF1, you may be able to resolve by manually removing your preferences file. Follow these steps:

•  After applying the SP1 HF1 update, close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
  • Open your Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, end process for "Act.Outlook.Service.exe"
  •  Click on your Windows Start button. Type in the following command: %appdata% in the Search box in the lower left of the start menu.
  • This will open the Application Data folder. In this folder open the ACT folder.
  • In this folder you should see one or more folders named Act for Windows (version#), where "version#" is the current (or previous) versions of ACT! installed on this machine.
  • Rename this folder to "Act for WindowsOLD" (rename all if more than one)
  • Reboot your machine
  • Open ACT! and test
  •  

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank You, 

It now appears to be working again. 

Copper Elite Contributor

A client with 2 machines having this same issues, ACT 2010 Premium SP HF1 upgrading from ACT 2007 Premium Both machines are running Win XP SP3 Will try above resolution and report back. Thx, Alanna
    Alanna Galiano

Emerging Technologies Inc.

Atlanta, GA 30327

I have the same problem occurring on all three machines in our office running XP and ACT12. It appears to occur when I have modified the Toolbars to add custom commands to allow me to put User Icons on the toolbar linking to templates for single click access. 

It appears to occur just after I have altered the custom commands.

I can resolve it each time using ACTDIAG and reseting preferences but that means it wipes out the custom commands and Icons.

It's becoming frustrating.

It seems there are many different remedies in the Knowledge base.

Is there a definate cure?

Cam

Hello Cam,
    Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Using ACTDiag to reset your preferences does not do a throrough enough job. You will need to manually delete the the entire preferences folder. Please see the instructions I provided for Nathan earlier in this thread.

Greig Hollister

Greg,

I am having a similar issue, relating to the error at login " Resolution of the dependency failed".

I have a small work group, server and three boxes.

When I renamed Act for Windows, I am not able to naviagate back to the server.

I received a good deal of tech support on start up side.

How might I use the Actdiag for a short term fix.

Thx RJ

I had the same problem.  This solution worked like a charm - thank you!

Great solution! Worked for me.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Greig,

I would like to have a better understand of why this works.   These ACT folders you are asking to rename have very important files in them.   Could you please explain what is taking place in this process.

Thanks a bunch,

Leslie

Leslie Munson
    ACT! Certified Consultant
    Swiftpage Gold Drip Marketing Certified Consultant
    Patricia Egen Consulting,LLC
    Leslie@egenconsulting.com
    www.egenconsulting.com
    423-875-2652