Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rescheduling Activity Series

Rescheduling Activity Series

I've tried to reschedule an activity series (it's a pre-built 12 month drip campaign).  Sometimes... it will ask me to reschedule the entire activity series (say everything forward 30 days)... other times it only does the current task at hand but not the other 10+ tasks.

When it only does the task at hand... everything gets screwed up.

Any ideas on how to make sure it takes the entire activity series into account?

(here's a snapshot of an activity series, all driven by anchor date)

Administrator

Re: Rescheduling Activity Series

Hi there Pablocabo,

I've looked into this for you - this looks like it's a defect in our software that's been identified but a fix hasn't been released yet.

Good news though, there is a workaround which should help you out.

It looks like the whole issue is centred around an option in Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Activities > Activity Preferences...

Towards the bottom of that page is an option "Create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts". Apparently, if this is enabled  when scheduling an activities series, it can prevent you from being able to reschedule the 'whole' series.

What's important is the state of this tick box at the time the activities are created, changing the tick-box won't affect existing activities unfortunately.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply...

First - to clean up what Ver  16 says;  Tools>preferences>calendar & scheduling>scheduling preferences to get to the location where you talked about (for future users).

Here's my question for you;

How to be able to schedule multiple contacts an activity, then be able to reschedule any activity for any contact and have the activity series update itself (see enclosed).

Administrator

Hi Pablo,

When the Separate Activities for Multiple Contacts option is unchecked it does add all contacts to the activity, but essentially it associates ALL contacts with just one activity - instead of creating a separate activity for each contact.

Unfortunately this is the crux of the 'defect' that we've identified - until this is fixed by our developers. While the option is enabled, and multiple activities are created for each contact, you'll be unable to reschedule these effectively. Disabling the option allows you to reschedule, but will associate multiple contacts with a single activity.