Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reschedule recurring transaction with attachment

Copper Elite Contributor

Reschedule recurring transaction with attachment

Hi  all,

I have a recurring daily "To Do" which has an attachment to a shortcut for a related Word document. I would like to be able to edit the occurrence on a one off basis to a more suitable time of day dependent on other activities in the calendar. However when I try to drag and drop the event or reschedule it manually it doesn't move. Is this an idiosyncrasy of my setup or of ACT! in general? I can copy and paste it to a new time.

Please forward me to the appropriate answer if this has already been covered.

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Re: Reschedule recurring transaction with attachment

Hi Stephen, 

I would like to know if you open the activity and try and change the 'Start and End time' when you click on 'Ok' do you get the pop window which prompts to 'Edit this occurrence / Edit all Occurrences'

If you could also advise if you sync Act! without Outlook or Google at all as this can sometimes have an effect?

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the Popup window appears when I drag and drop the event or try to change the times manually.

I can sync with Google manually but I only do this when I'm traveling overseas as I have found ACT! can mess up with different time zones and doesn't automatically import travel details such as flights and accommodation.

If I delete the reference to the attachment from the main database and a remote database I think the issue goes away, though when synchronising the main and remote the remote synchronise window is frozen on "checking for errors"

Does that shed any further light on this?

Thanks

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Its an odd issue that i have been attempting to replicate from my end but sadly have not seen of yet.

I do know that syncing with Google and having reoccurring events can cause some unintended events. Are these event schedules as timeless atall?

It maybe best to speak with Technical support so that we could look at the problem first hand to get a better idea.