Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Required License

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Required License

I am in the process of  planning a update from ACT 2007  (9.0) and need to determine how many licenses will be needed for the following. I have a laptop and desktop computer and would like to install ACT 2011 Premium on both machines. The desktop will handle the ACT database and the Laptop will be used as a remote user. Both the laptop and desktop are "my" computers. I prefer to work on a desktop machine when I am at my house vs. the laptop. Can I get by with a single license?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobertWillis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Required License

Yes. There is provision in the license scheme that allows for a single user with a laptop and workstation to legitimately run in the way you describe. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobertWillis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Yes. There is provision in the license scheme that allows for a single user with a laptop and workstation to legitimately run in the way you describe. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Thnaks for the confirmation. I will place the order for the update in the next few days.

Copper Contributor

Actually I am having a problem with this right now.  I have 2 laptops and just created a remote database to sync with and 'unpacked' it on my other laptop.  Once I tried to open it, the database said 'you do not have the required license to open this database'.  Is there a workaround for this?  It was also my understanding you could use on 2 machines which is why I purchased it.

Bronze Elite Contributor

How many Users have you in the database? If you have a single license you can use it 2 times if t is for PC - Laptop sync by the same user. If you have created extra users it can cause the error message as you only have a single user license.

Copper Contributor

I think that would be the problem, I have a separate user set up for personal and the other for my business calendar.  Thanks!