Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports

Reports

I need help with reports,  or how to do a custom report.  All the information I want on it is  Date, Company, contact name  and town ... I would like to it on one line and do a months contacts on one or more pages.. see example

10/10/10                   Ideal company                    Bill Jones                      anywhere Usa

10/11/10                   Big company                       Sue jones                      Happytown usa

How can I do a report with just this information..  Thanks Jerry

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reports

Where does the date information you referred to come from?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

HI

I am getting the information from my Act data base... I am trying to generate a call report from my contact detail area,  All the information I want is the last date called on, Company name,  Contact called on ,  city and state.  I can't get to get it to work for me. Any help would be much appreciated

Is the information from the activities? History?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

It is in History,

That's what I suspected and the answer is that you can't create a report with the ACT! reports that is globally sorted by the History Date/Time.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

From the reports that I get off of the pull down menus  a couple of the would work if they did not print one page to a report customer, 7/8 of the page is wasted. it would be fine If I could get on page full of the report that has the information that I want... any of doing that??  The notes and history in the menu would work if it I could get the dates in order. and not mixed.

I'm not sure which one is the first report you're referring to. The Notes/History report sorts according to the contact record and can't be sorted by the note or history dates.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

You go to reports then go to notes/history ..... I will give you a report and a date selection,  If you vew or print the this report the Dates are mixed up .  For example you will have three or four contacts and historys for 6/6./10  the you will have one that is dated 6/2/10 then you will have 6/9/10  the you will have a 6/3/10  they are out of order.... If I make five calls on 6/1/10 I want all five together and the on 6/2/ 10 I want all those together and so on... I hope you understand what I am talking about

I understood before, I'll repeat, it's sorting by the contact record and there isn't any way to get it to sort by the history dates.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129