Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports organized by date

Reports organized by date

Is there some way to create a summary report that is organized ONLY by date?  I would like to see what each of my sales reps is doing on a day-by-day basis.  If I had such a summary report, I would only have to look at the date sorted summary report entries each morning and see ONLY what has been entered in the past day (or days).  Of course, if I wanted to probe more deply intao any of the entries, I would habve the links to do this with.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reports organized by date

Are you referring to Notes and History information?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I want to run an activity report that sorts activities for each salesperson organized by date. 

Currently ACT sorts by customer, and then by date.  I would like to have a means by which I can see what each of my salespeople have done in the way of activities (calls, meetings, to-dos, etc.) on a day-by-day basis.  The way it is now, I have to scan the reports customer-by-customer , with each customer having a set/list of activities - combing through this is very time consuming and confusing.  If I had a listing that simply presented to me what my salesperson did yesterday, or last week, etc., I could see at a glance what is going on.

Thank you for your interest.

Mike

What you describe isn't an option with the ACT! reports. However there are a couple of alternatives. One is the History Summary Classic report. Filter the general tab for all users and the history tab for date and user. Another option would be to filter the task list for date and to show cleared activities and by user. If you needed hard copy you can quick print the task list.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the reply - I will try this and see if this gives me what I need.  I will keep you posted.  Its odd that such a simple report isn't a standard feature.

Regards,

Mike

Simple in concept but very dificult in execution. In the ACT! reports it simple can't be done, I believe it can be done (with difficulty) in Crystal Reports.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Thanks again for responding.  We are starting to look into Crystal Reports, as you suggest.

I can't help but wonder why doesn't ACT provide this type of report?  Am I the only one that would like to see what my sales people are doing without looking at irrelevant information?  Odd!

Regards,

MIke