Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports for Notes and Activities are empty....

Copper Contributor

Reports for Notes and Activities are empty....

Hello All, new at Act Prem (2008) here -- I working with it reasonably well - but would like some tips/suggestions on the items that I am having difficulties with....

I like to keep records and notes of all my activities with contacts. As well I put notes for tracking purpose(under me in 'my record') regarding various things I have done throughout the day (IE: went to the postal box, picked up the mail) -- I would like to print out a report on my notes.... so that I can leave it on my boss' desk and he can see all the things I have been doing.

I dont have much inside my Notes, To-do, calls - etc (to test the report feature I put atleast 2 notes, calls, meetings to each 'activity'   
When I select reports - Notes/History  ----- There is NOTHING on the print preview...... I double check 'my record' and everything is there....

I can get reports on activities of other users (who have been on the system much longer) but only empty reports for me....(and I login under my name, and I have admin rights...)

All help is appreciated

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Reports for Notes and Activities are empty....

For starters, it appears that you are scheduling the activities with yourself rather than the individual contacts. When scheduling activities, you need to first go their contact record or specifically select the desired contact from the activity dialog box. As to why the report is empty, the report filters typically are defaulted to exclude the My record.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

Re: Reports for Notes and Activities are empty....

Thanks for the response Royel -- Yes, I agree -- It has got to be that I am scheduling things for myself/with myself ..... Im sooo confused - I have posted another question with details on the scheduling side of this - which likely relates to the reports -- all help appreciated ... I'll be back soon - to check to see if you could help on that !