Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports Function in ACT 2010 Premium

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reports Function in ACT 2010 Premium

It's a problem with your system, not the ACT! program. Did you try what I suggested?

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I did.  Didn't work.  I will continue in the other thread so as to avoid duplicate postings.

This has never been resolved. It's not Oct of 2015 and the issue still exist in version 2011.

I reviewed this thread and noted that you run ACT! on the server via remote desktop. Try this: start ACT! on ther server by right clicking on the ACT! icon and choosing Run as Administrator and see if that helps.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The reports do run as the administrator. 

I read on another forum that the permission settings when Act installs are not correct.  Act installs into the Program Files (x86) folder which Windows doesn't allow to be modified by users.   If the reports are trying to access and modify a file in that folder it makes sense it would fail.

So is the solution to by-pass Windows safety features that help prevent viruses and malware from attacking program files by forcing a change on the permissions in the Program Files directory?

I'm hesitant to try to reinstall the program into a different directory as I don't think my licenses will transfer again if I uninstall and reinstall the program again.

Silver Contributor

Find the database folder that contains the reports, right click and go to security and either add yourself with read and write permissions or everyone with read right. 

Here is a link to an article you might be interested in.

http://ask-leo.com/does_my_router_have_a_firewall_or_not.html

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'll have to try this when other users aren't logged in.   The reports folder is on a shared folder and others are logged in.  I can't change any of the properties inside the shared folder.   I'll need to attempt it after hours when I can get exclusive access.  I do think this is the issue so changing those permissions should fix the problem.