Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports Expression visible command

Copper Contributor

Reports Expression visible command

[ Edited ]

Hi and thanks for the IE 9 info. I'll post this again using IE8. So back to the question..

I'm using a number of system fields in a report, some which contain cost and VAT/ Tax charges. I want to be able to hide the content of the field when the VAT = 0. In other words if the cost is £0.00 or the vat = 0 I don’t want to display that field. I was trying to use the Expression command to do something like :–

if VAT = 0 then visible = false

or the other way round 

if VAT  <> 0 then visible = true. 

Is it possible to do something like this in the express field? If so how?

Hopefully you can see the text this time.

Thanks for any feedback

Siggi   

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reports Expression visible command

[ Edited ]

Hello ingassos,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It looks like the body of your post did not display. This is due to you using Internet Explorer 9 as your browser, which is not yet fully supported by this forum. To properly post in this forum, you will either need to put IE9 into IE8 compatibility mode for this site or use another browser. We look forward to hearing from you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

i

I'm using a number of system fields in a report, some which contain cost and VAT/ Tax charges. I want to be able to hide the content of the field when the VAT = 0. In other words if the cost is £0.00 or the vat = 0 I don’t want to display that field. I was trying to use the Expression command to do something like :–

if VAT = 0 then visible = false

or the other way round 

if VAT  <> 0 then visible = true. 

Is it possible to do something like this in the express field? If so how?

You actually have several issues here. First, the expression line in a custom field can't be used for anything except a simple single line Visual Basic statement which rules out what you're trying to do there.

Second it's possible to write more complex VB script program that use a custom field as the target.

Finally something like what yor want to do is technically possible but requires an in depth knowledge of the ACT! reports and the underlying XML code.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Hi Roy and thanks for the feedback.

I've managed to do the following (with some help from a friend) which seems to do the job, so I thought I should share it for others here.

Using the Edit Reports Script ie VBasic we created the following :-

If Product1Description1 = "" then

Custom6.Visible = False

Custom5.Visible = False

Custom1.Visible = False

Else

Custom6.Visible = True

Custom5.Visible = True

Custom1.Visible = True

Endif

or you could do the following:-

If Isnull(Product1Description1) Then

Custom7.Visible = False

Custom8.Visible = False

Custom9.Visible = False

Else

Custom7.Visible = True

Custom8.Visible = True

Custom9.Visible = True

Endif

Basically if the product1descrpition1 is blank then the "visibility" of custome1.Visible = False so the contents of custom1 field is not displayed or Visible to the user in the report.

This is a simple way using VBasic to hide fields with predefined conditions.  

Regards

Siggi