Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reporting painfully slow- Act2009 Premium for web with hotfix 4

Reporting painfully slow- Act2009 Premium for web with hotfix 4

all,

I just recently upgraded from act! 2007 to Act 2009 and have run in to an issue with the reporting functionality from Act For Web.  

Environment Details -

ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4

Split server setup - 1 Server running the database for client users and the other server running the web front end for web users (IIS is dedicated to ACTWEB)

Both Servers have -  

- Server 2003 r2 x86

- AMD Quad Core opteron processor 2.41 GHz

- 2GB of ram

When running reports directly from the primary database server i get the report preview within about 2 seconds, regardless of the report being run. However, When i run the exact same report from the web, it takes up to about 20 minutes for that report to be generated. While the report is being run from the web, i can see on the webserver that w3wp.exe is running and taking anywhere from 40% to 80% of the CPU resources, and on the sql server i can see that the sqlserver.exe service is running at about 30 to 70% for the entire duration of the report being generated.

When running the report locally, the CPU resources consumed are about half (between 15% and 30%)  and the report finishes within seconds.

I have read through many post that suggest that the database may need to be reindexed and repaired for errors, but after doing so i still get the same results. I also just recently updated to HotFix4 to see if there were any fixes for my particular error, but i still get the same results.

Any insight or nudges in the right direction would be much appreciated! Let me know if there is any other information needed to aid in troubleshooting.

-Kevin

Silver Contributor

Re: Reporting painfully slow- Act2009 Premium for web with hotfix 4

From KB 25823 Reports Run in ACT! Premium for Web Database Run Slowly

" You may be able to work around this issue by turning off the "Print Spooler" from the Services console on your web server. Note that this action will prevent the machine from being used as a print server."  

This refers to servers with a 64 bit os, 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Jon,

My apologies, i forgot to mention that i have already applied that suggested fix as well, yet it had no effect on the reporting functionality.

Silver Contributor

We are a hosting provider. Please contact me if you would like a trial login to compare.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider