Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report or Lookup Questions

Report or Lookup Questions

Using Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

We have over 8000 contacts and we want to archive contacts that have no notes or history modifications since 2008.  The problem is  we went from two territories to three territories in September of 2011 so every record has a  " Field Record Manager changed from" in history.

In the detail view of Contacts we have a field named Archive Status. It's a drop down field that has two statuses. Active or Archive.

I want a lookup that includes contacts with no notes or history modifications since 2008 while ignoring the field record manager change in September of 2011.  After this lookup is obtained I want to change the Archive Status to "Archive".  Then any records with a Archive Status of "archive" will be exported from the production database and imported into a newly created archive database.

Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report or Lookup Questions

You need a little bit of negative thinking here. Because you have a field that you use for Active/Archeive you have a good start. First clear the field for all contacts (Edit | Replace Field and replace with blank). Next use Lookup | Contact Activity where you can exclude field change and anything else you want and create a lookup of all your active contacts. Use Edit | Replace to set that field to Active. Then do a lookup on that field for not equal to Active. You now have a lookup of the contacts you want to flag as Archeive.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

In the Lookup | Contact Activity how do I exclude record manager changes?

Bronze Elite Contributor

When you do a Contact Acivity Lokkup, you have the option to filter out the History Types you're not interested in (if memory serves me right this was a new feature in 2011),. So you can simply exclude the History Types (like Field Change) in your lookup.

HTH
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog