Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report of cleared activities, pls help

Tuned Listener

Report of cleared activities, pls help

I'am struggeling with a custom report template. A would be thankful for all help I can get.

Here is what I would like to create:

A list of all the cleared (choosen types) activities of a choosed user for a choosen time period. At the end, a  summary of the total time spent for each activity type.

For eg.

User John Smith had two meetings last week (each 2 hours), and 6 phone calls (each 10 minutes). All those activities are done and cleared.

My report would list those activities, and summarise the durations at the end, that John has spent 4 hours with meetings and 60 minutes with phone calls.

Report could look something like this:

John Smith -  Cleared activity report - last week

Monday -      Call - from 9:00-9:10 - duration 10 minutes - with Susan - Regarding: weather

Tuesday -     Call - from 10:30-10:40 - duration 10 minutes - Jimmy - Regarding: TV-show

Meeting - from 11:00-13:00 - duration 2 hours - with Doctor - Regarding: headache

Wenesday - Call - from 8:00-8:10 - duration 10 minutes - Kurt - Regarding: weather

Thursday -   Call - from 11:00-11:10 - duration 10 minutes - Russel - Regarding: women

Friday -         Call - from 13:00-13:10 - duration 10 minutes - with Susan - Regarding: weather

Meeting - from 14:00-16:00 - duration 2 hours - with Peter - Regarding : new cars

Total calls: 60 minutes

Total Meetings : 4 hours

Any ideas where to start to build such a report template ?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report of cleared activities, pls help

Sorry to say, not with the ACT! report editor. It might be possible to create something like that report with the ACT! report editor using a significant amount of embedded VB script programming but it wouldn't have the filtering flexibility you describe. A third party report editor would be able to create the report template you want along with the filtering flexibility. My choice would be the Durkin Impact Reports.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

option1.png

option.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Bronze Super Contributor

Could you use the History List and filter for the user etc...?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Tuned Listener

I do not find a history list in my ACT2011, probably that is a feature of the later versions?

Anyway, I already have experimented with reporting histories.

I found a very useful addon, called TopLineDash. There I can build lists and graphs. When I was collecting history I faced the following problem:

Lets say, I scedule an activity, and clear it. An activity cleared history is made. OK.

But if for any reason I unclear the activity (to add notes, or change the duration), and clear it again, another history is made.

Then, if I collect history data, the activity will show twice on the list, both durations added.

So I have to focus on collecting cleared activities.

With TopLineDash I can do it, but have a slight but important problem (that's why I went back to experimenting with Act's own reporting)

When I choose the timefreme, the list I get contains all kind of dates, but not the correct ones. Probably has to do something with my regional date format, but could not find a clue yet ... 

topline calendar.JPG act calendar.JPG win calendar.JPG

Administrator

Hi trikepilot,

The history list was a feature introduced in Act v16.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Have you tried the History Time Spent report in ACT. It is near what you are looking for (I Think) and may be able to be changed to match you needs.

Tuned Listener

I have tried the history time spent report, but I could not separately summarise activity types. I get a list of all activities, and a total hour at the end.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I could create the report you want with the ACT! reports but it would be a fairly static report an would involve writing several hundred lines of VB script coding. On the other hand I could fairly easily create the report using the Curkin Impact Reports. It would also not be a static report and you could decide at rnutime which history types to track, date range, user filtering, etc.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Super Contributor

Suggestion...  upgrade to Act! V18 Premium....  or get Act! subscription...  http://act.com/buy/act-premium/?ror=4000919321

Best regards,

www.praxisol.com

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com