Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report needs to be grouped by month

Copper Contributor

Report needs to be grouped by month

I need to figure out how to group a new report by month using a contact field storing a date ('departure date').  The report should group departures by month/yr, count one field and total two others.  I've got the totals working, but the grouping by month is harder.

Thanks in advance.  -Matt

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report needs to be grouped by month

It depends on what you mean by grouped by month. You can easily have the report sort by date by adding a section for the date field. You can do subtotals by months using scripting in the report. Can you be more specific about what you want to accomplish?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy.  Thanks for the reply.

We need subtotals for every month.  e.g. Contacts sorted by departure date. We need to count the contacts and sum a number of other fields with each month sub-totaled and listed in order chronologically for any date range.  Easily done in Access, but seems beyond me in Act.  See mock-up below.

September

Company              Departure            Room Nights         Revenue

ABC Convention     09/01/08               300                  150,000

AIG Corp Retreat   09/04/08                200                 450,000

Count: 2                               Total:  500         Total: 600,000

October etc...

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I thought that might be what you wanted. That is most certainly possible with the ACT! reports using VB scripting to do the actual total accumulation. I've created several report templates of a similar nature. Without knowing more about what all you would want in your report it's difficult to say exactly how complex the scripting would need to be for your report. However, a recent opportunity template that I did where they wanted to accumulate a 12-month history along with performance against goals took me around 700 lines of VB script programming.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129