Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report if a cleared activity is marked as completed or not completed using Crystal Reports 2011

Report if a cleared activity is marked as completed or not completed using Crystal Reports 2011

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0

Crystal Reports 2011

I am trying to build a report that will show me the Activity Organizer, Start Date Time, Activity Cleared or Not and if it is cleared, was it marked as completed or not completed.

I have everything built but the only data i cannot display correctly is the status of the cleared activity, if it was marked as completed or not completed.

I am using Crystal Reports 2011. I am linking the tables like this:

Activity Table, ActivityID field to Contact_Activity table, ActivityID field.

Contact_Activity table, ContactID field to Contact_History table, ContactID field.

Contact_History table, HistoryID field to History table, HistoryID field.

Please help!

Silver Contributor

Re: Report if a cleared activity is marked as completed or not completed using Crystal Reports 2011

You should be useing the history tables as a cleared activitiy will create a history.  If you use hte activity tables, you will not capture those items entered with the record history button.  Does this work for you?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Report if a cleared activity is marked as completed or not completed using Crystal Reports 2011

No because the history tables do not contain data about the activity itself. I need to link an activity to its specific history entry.

The obvious way would be to link the Activty table, ACTIVITYID field to a corresponding feild in one of the history tables. however, the history tables contain no such field. the only way i've found to link an activity to the history table is either through a contact or a company table.

The record history button is not used, as ACT! records these automatically.

Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

No sure what would be missing, but you can make the report you are requestion by linking the Contact, contact activity, and actvity tables.

In the activity table is a field called "is cleared".  True is cleared, Fales is Not cleared.

(866)710 4228

I have this part working. however, it the History Type that i am unable to link. I have a diagram. How can i send this to you?

Silver Contributor

I sent you a private messqage.  I guess I don't understantd the necessity of having both the history tables and activity table in teh same report.

(866)710 4228