09-06-2013 12:46 PM
Hi all, I'm having a Sage 2013 problem that's driving me insane so hopefully someone can help out!
I can pull up a variety of reports, both custom and ones that came pre-loaded, that deal with activities. I will use the basic "Activites" as my example.
The general tab is set to create a report for all contacts, using data managed by all users. The activity tab lets me select again from calls, meetings, to-dos, and custom--then within the customer activity list I can check or uncheck whatever I want. There are two custom activity types I am trying to uncheck to not include. It appears to be successful until I run the report--and those two activity types are included in the report every time! But when I check my filter settings they appear to be just fine and should produce a correct report in theory.
09-06-2013 04:26 PM
I would first check to see how the custom activities were created, namely did you change the default results to identify the custom activity.
09-09-2013 07:22 AM
Hi Roy, I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're talking about. Do you mean that when a custom activity is created (schedule-->other-->one of the custom activities versus hitting the quick "Meeting" button but then changing the activity type there to a custom activity)?
Or if you're referring to the custom report itself, I have been able to successfully define the filters for the general tab, but the filters for the activity tab are only saving the date range, not the activities filter. I can save the custom report to filter out two types of activities, but when I pull it up to run the report those two types are still checked. When I manually uncheck them on this screen they will still show up on the report.
09-10-2013 12:38 PM
I was referring to when the custom activity was originally created. The default results are completed and not completed. Thse need to edited to make the results specific to the custom activity.
09-10-2013 12:57 PM
09-10-2013 01:20 PM
They need to be specific to the custom activity. History tracks by the results and if all the custom activities have the same results there can be no tracking of the results. I don't know if this causes problems with the activities reports but it certainly does with the history reports.
09-10-2013 02:06 PM
I have edited the results for the custom activities to basically be "Custom Activity Completed" vs the generic "Completed."
However this hasn't helped on the activity report filter. I can still deselect a type of custom activity to be excluded from the report, but the report generates showing the type of activity I deselected.
09-10-2013 03:48 PM
That's still generic for the results. For example if you added a custom activity for Cold Call you would want the results to read something like Cold Call Completed or Cold Call Not Completed.
As I stated I didn't know if it would make a difference for an activties report but it's critical for any history report. To know for sure you would need to disable all your present custom activities and create new ones that have proper results and see if you have the same problem.
09-11-2013 09:05 AM
10-23-2013 08:11 AM - edited 10-23-2013 08:15 AM
Hi Roy, I too am playing with custom fields under activities. All these pertain to the "results" of a cleared activity. It does appear under results in the history of the contact; however, when I try to include a listing of those results in a revised Activity report nothing shows up. I select a field to include, pull "Results" from the Contact History list of fields and nothing shows. I am running ACT! 2013 version 15.1.108 & Windows 7 Pro.
Never mind -- I just realized I had not selected History in my Activities report, duh!